Do you love nail art?
Do you love challenges?
Do you love prizes?
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, read on!
I am holding a nail art contest with CHINESE NEW YEAR 2011 as the theme. There are very few Chinese New Year nail designs that have been shared on the Internet so far, and I thought this would be a great way to get everyone’s creative juices flowing so that we can all get inspired for this festive season!
I know most of my readers are from other parts of the world and may not celebrate Chinese New Year, but that’s not necessarily a handicap should you take part in this nail art contest. You can always find out more about the festival here, and I am looking forward to seeing really fresh, creative ideas!
Some common symbols seen would be gold ingots, firecrackers, red packets, lion dancers, oranges, plum blossoms, the chinese character for prosperity, lanterns, koi, paper cutting designs, and of course, for this year, the RABBIT!
Each prize pack consists of the following:
1. 20 assorted fimo sticks – each stick can be sliced into about 100 pieces and then glued onto the nail
2. 72 pcs of iron-on DMC crystals (colour = clear) in size ss10
3. 144 pcs of iron-on DMC crystals (colour = clear) in size ss6
4. 1 dotting tool with two ends of different sizes to create big and small dots
5. 1 bottle of nail glue
6. 1 nail file with grit 100/180
7. 1 buffing block
8. 1 fine-tipped brush for nail art (to be used with acrylic paint)
9. 1 wheel containing flower-shaped rhinestones in 12 colours
10. 1 wheel containing 2mm round rhinestones in 10 colours and 2 slots of pearls
The number of prize packs given out will depend on the number of entries:
1 – 7 entries -> 1 winner
8 – 12 entries -> 2 winners
More than 12 entries -> 3 winners
How to enter
1. Create a design for one hand – it can be the same design on all five fingers, or different designs on each finger. Fake nail tips are fine as well.
2. Take a picture of your design.
3. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Nail Art Contest”, your name, your nail art blog URL (if you have one), and add a short explanation of the design, describing what inspired you to create it. The closing date for entries is 23 January 2011.
I will then post all the entries here on 24 January 2010 for a week of public voting.
That’s it! Please help to spread the word so that we can gather as many wonderful designs as possible, and if there’s anything that you’d like to clarify, feel free to leave a comment!